How do you express gratitude in a meaningful and sincere way? If you struggle with that, you aren’t alone. Many of us may feel eternally gracious for another’s thoughtfulness, help, or simple presence, but struggle to express the magnitude of our feelings.
Sometimes your words just seem inadequate. Also, nobody wants to mumble and stumble through a “thank you” that leaves the other party feeling awkward, rather than delighted with your remark.
So we choose not to express our “thanks”. That’s a shame, because extensive research done on gratitude shows that people who write daily gratitude messages are more optimistic and contemptuous with their lives. What’s more, people who receive regular “thank yous” from their supervisors tend to work harder. Likewise, families where gratitude is regularly practiced tend to be happier.
Expressing gratitude eagerly and frequently does much good for you and others.
If you want to get more intentional about expressing gratitude, this post offers a quick collection of wonderfully warm, profound, and always appropriate gratitude quotes. Our collection of custom-crafted gratitude quotes is well-suited for every occasion — personal or work-related. Feel free to use them just as they are or adapt them as per your need.
We’ve divided the following gratitude quotes into helpful categories to help you find the perfect sentiment.
General Gratitude Quotes
- I can’t express how blessed I am to have encountered someone with such a selfless and loving heart. You truly came into my life in a time of need, and I have no idea how things would have turned out if it weren’t for you. While I know repayment isn’t something you’d ever consider, I do hope that good vibes follow you for the rest of your life.
- Thank you again for the important role that you played at such a major event in my life. You were so much more than a member of my wedding party. Instead, you offered support, encouragement, even a sense of humor when I was freaking out. You made the day amazing and I won’t ever forget that.
- I apologize for taking so long to reach out to you with these words of gratitude. Simply put, I have been struggling to say thank you in a meaningful way. Your kindness over the years has been a constant in my life, and I can only hope that I have been able to return even a fraction of the goodwill you have sent my way.
- From the day I made the big announcement to the last moment of our wedding reception, you were there. You put in hard work to help me create my dream event. I can’t begin to show you how thankful I am. We are so blessed to have you in our corner. I can only hope to pass along the support and kindness you offered to us.
- The death of a loved one is never easy for anyone to go through. However, having just one person by your side to grieve with you can make enduring the pain so much easier. Thank you again for sitting with me in my grief. Your friendship truly made a difficult time better.
- A year ago, I asked you to stand up for me at my wedding. At the time, I pictured parties, toasts, and other good times. While we certainly celebrated those milestones together, your presence in my life and in my wedding amount to so much more than that. You were a source of emotional support, friendship, and brotherhood. Thanks so much for truly having my back.
- Even when we were kids, we used to play make-believe. I remember daydreaming with you about our ideal wedding. I never knew that you would play such a major role in turning my dream into a reality. Your presence at my wedding and in my life is so deeply appreciated.
- I have to begin by saying that I am touched by your generosity. Your gift was a beautiful surprise. I never expected such kindness. Thank you for making my day!
- You made my day so amazing. I don’t say thank you or sing your praises nearly as much as you deserve. You are truly a rockstar and a presence in all of our lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me!
- Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to officiate our wedding. Your words were so inspirational. I know I was moved to tears. You truly created a meaningful moment, and nobody there will forget your words any time soon.
Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
- If mindfulness is a heightened state of awareness that allows us to achieve balance and harmony, then gratitude must be a part of that. After all, how can one be aware of their surroundings, emotions, and experiences if they cannot recognize the many things for which they should be thankful?
- Show me a happy person, and I will show you, someone, for whom gratitude is a foundational value. Because gratefulness isn’t a situational feeling. It is a very deliberated developed part of one’s character.
- Gratitude isn’t just a seed that creates gratefulness. It builds a root system that nourishes good character, resilience, kindness, and empathy. That seed is best planted in childhood and watered with good examples.
- The key to peace within is gratitude. It is the characteristic that allows us to make peace with our past, maintain a good perspective on the present, and have hope for the future. This is because gratitude isn’t simply about accepting what is, but feeling blessed and supported enough to change what must be improved.
- People are in constant search of things to meditate on. In reality, the best answer to that quest is always gratitude. Every human should spend some time each day reflecting on their achievements and thinking thoughts of gratitude.
- The happiest people are never those with many assets or seemingly perfect lives. Instead, they are the folks who manage to find reasons for gratitude in any situation. That is why an expression of gratitude is never out of place, even in the grimmest of circumstances.
- Anyone who is struggling with unrest and lack of peace might try the simple act of writing down their appreciation. By taking the time to consider reasons for gratitude, you can shift your mindset to one of prosperity.
- Expressions of gratitude and a sense of peace go hand in hand. This is because gratefulness creates a mindset that is ready to receive life’s blessings, simply because they become more aware of their presence.
Gratitude Quotes For Work
- I want to take the time to thank every one of you for putting in extra hours and effort during this busy time. It’s a struggle to be overwhelmed with work and short-staffed. You truly showed your dedication to the customer, the company, and one another. All of you are amazing!
- Just wanted to send a formal note of thanks for your going above and beyond to get me the information I needed. This project would have been dead in its tracks if it weren’t for your efforts. You deserve recognition for your contributions. This note of thanks certainly seems inadequate.
- I am overwhelmed. The gift and party celebrating my retirement was such a wonderful surprise. It made me remember what wonderful friendships I have made here over the past 20 years. I will remember my time here fondly and hope to stay in close contact with all of you!
- Thank you once again for taking a chance on me and offering me this wonderful opportunity. I have worked diligently to develop the skills and experience to take on this meaningful work. However, I also understand that none of this would be possible without your mentorship. I promise that I will pass along your kindness at the first opportunity.
- While I and every member of your team are sad to see you go, I wanted to take a few moments to simply say thank you. As one of the founding members of this department, you have truly contributed to some amazing developments and new starts. Thank you so much for your dedication, diligence, and friendship. The person who follows you certainly has big shoes to fill.
- You recently came to my defense in a very difficult situation relating to an important client. I may not have had the opportunity to say so at the time, but I want to express my gratitude in very clear terms right now. Thank you so much for sticking your neck out for me. While I am happy that the situation was resolved in a positive manner, I am much more grateful knowing that I have an ally here at work.
- Some people will claim that customer service is dead. I just want to say that this is totally untrue. My experience with your staff has been nothing short of amazing. Thank you for answering all of my questions, and providing me with caring support during my most recent set of transactions. Every member of your team deserves recognition, and I hope your management team delivers that in a tangible way.
- Thank you once again for your help over the recent months. I believe it is important to recognize both effort and expertise. You have certainly demonstrated both recently. You are a valued member of the team and stand as an example of dedication and work ethic.
Bonus: Inspirational Gratitude Affirmations
- I am thankful for the people who came before me and helped make this world a better place. I’m humbled by the sacrifices they made to ensure that I have a better future.
- I am very grateful to the universe for everything I have in this life. It has given me so much love, it has shown me such beauty and it has gifted me with the best possible people in the world. I am thankful for how hard I have worked to achieve my goals and for what I have been able to accomplish.
- I am thankful for the friends I have made along the way. I am fortunate to know people who are always there to provide a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, or just an extra helping hand when it’s needed.
- I am so thankful for the people who have helped me to see the good in myself. I have learned that there are always ways to improve, no matter who you are, and I am grateful every day for the guidance of my loved ones.
- I am so thankful for the many small things that make our lives so much better and more enjoyable. I take immense pleasure in these little things that we often forget about, such as the gentle breeze on a summer’s day, or how filling and satisfying a bowl of homemade soup can be. These little pleasures need to be admired and appreciated since they bring such joy to our lives.